Insurance & SMART Protect
Love it? Look after it with Suzuki Insurance and Suzuki SMART Protect
Suzuki SMART Protect
We all want our cars to look as good as they drive, but sometimes life happens – and by that, we mean dents, scratches, scuffs, chips, and anything else that can take the edge off your new car.
That’s why we’ve created Suzuki SMART Protect – designed to cover you for minor damage and keep your Suzuki looking sharp.†
WHY CHOOSE SUZUKI INSURANCE
WHAT IS COVERED
Suzuki Insurance Annual Cover Includes:
- Theft and accidental damage cover
- Courtesy car for the duration of the repair
- EU cover
- Personal injury cover
- Factory-fitted sat-nav, stereo and fixed car-phone cover
- Replacement lock cover
- Medical treatment cover
- Third-party cover to drive other vehicles (terms apply)
- Personal possessions cover
- Windscreen damage cover
- Child seat replacement cover
- A brand new Suzuki if yours is written off or stolen within 12 months of new registration date
- Free 24-hour accident recovery
- UK call centres
OPTIONAL Extra Cover:
- £100,000 legal expenses
- No-claim discount protection
- Upgrade your courtesy car and stay mobile if your car is written-off or stolen
- Lost or stolen key cover up to £1,000
- Breakdown cover (provided by Allianz Global Assistance)
Call us on 0330 102 7848 to get a quote. Our lines are open Mon to Thu (0830-1930); Fri (0900-1800); Sat (0900-1700); or get a quote online.
GETTING YOU HOME
FREE DRIVEAWAY INSURANCE
When you buy a new or used Suzuki from any Suzuki dealer, we’ll give you free Driveaway Insurance** so you can get on the road straight away. You'll be insured until midnight the following day, with the option to extend your cover to 5 days, subject to qualification. And, for no extra charge, you can add your spouse or civil partner, providing they live at the same address.
Ask your Dealer for your Driveaway Insurance Certificate for immediate protection.
Take a look at the advantages of registering for Driveaway Insurance:
- Free cover from the moment you pick up your Suzuki
- Gives you more time to arrange your annual insurance
- Assists your dealer with the speedy registration of your vehicle
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
Call our 24-hour Insurance Claims Helpline on 0330 100 7829 from the scene of the incident or within two hours, and we’ll take care of things. We’ll recover your Suzuki and arrange any necessary accident repairs through a Suzuki-approved body shop. In the meantime, we’ll keep you mobile with a free courtesy car.
If your car is stolen, vandalised or broken into, please contact the police and get a crime reference number before making your claim.
Excess Return Voucher
Just remember to call Suzuki first on 0800 107 1156, before your insurer, and we’ll:
- Reimburse up to £250 of your motor insurance excess
- Exercise your right to an accident repair at a Suzuki Approved Repairer using Suzuki Genuine Parts and approved repair methods (this isn’t guaranteed if you call your insurer first)
- Recover your Suzuki and provide you with a courtesy car during the repair
- Handle your motor claim and liaise with your insurer on your behalf
Terms and conditions apply***
PLEASE NOTE: Suzuki Excess Return can only reimburse your excess charges if you call us on 0800 107 1156 before your insurer following a vehicle accident. Make sure you save this number on your phone so it’s at hand should you need it.
We’re there to help you every step of the way, from getting a quote to processing a claim, should you need it.
Quotes & Renewals: Call 0330 102 7848. Lines open: Mon to Thu (0830-1930); Fri (0900-1800); Sat (0900-1700).
Claims & Accident Helpline: Call 0330 100 7829. Lines open 24 hours.
Lost or Stolen Key Claims (for optional cover holders): Call 0345 607 5329. Lines open 24 hours.
Policy Changes: Call 0330 100 3164. Lines open: Mon to Thu (0830-1930); Fri (0900-1800); Sat (0900-1700).
Submit a complaint
You can also submit a complaint using the Online Dispute Resolution service. The European Commission has an Online Dispute Resolution service for consumers who have a complaint about a product or service bought online. You can use the link above to submit a complaint this way, which will then be forwarded on to the Financial Ombudsman Service and a copy sent to us. You’ll be asked to include our email address, as well as our postal address, shown below:
Email address: email@example.com
SUZUKI SMART PROTECT
Helps to keep your Suzuki looking new
Chips, dents, scuffs and light scratches are covered with SMART Protect.
No claims protection
Making a claim does not affect your motor insurance no claims bonus. Also, there is no excess to pay on any claim.
We come to you, at home or at work, at your convenience.
The best SMART repair
The Shine! repair service sets the industry standard.
The easy way to claim
Once you have a live policy, if you need to make a claim you can via the SMART app, online or on the phone.
Should any claim not qualify as a SMART repair, or an invisible result cannot be achieved, up to a £250 contribution will be paid towards a bodyshop repair (upon receipt of a valid invoice)
Contact your local Suzuki Dealer for more information. (At participating Suzuki retailers only.)
How do I process a SMART repair claim?
To process a claim simply visit autoprotect-app.co.uk or search “AutoProtect Smart” in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
† Significant Exclusions: This policy does not cover panel replacement, stickers and decals, beading and mouldings, cracked or dented bumpers or their replacement. Repairs will only be undertaken if an invisible result can be achieved using minor damage repair technology. Third party liability and bodyshop repairs are excluded
* Paying your cancellation fee
This offer is only available over the phone, so give us a call on 0330 102 7848. How it works: We’ll reimburse your current insurer’s cancellation fee up to the value of 10% of your Suzuki Insurance motor premium quote, to a maximum of £50. This offer cannot be applied after the policy has been purchased and cannot be used with any other offer. We reserve the right to withdraw any offer at any time. Offer not available online. Conditions apply.
** Free Driveaway Insurance
Free Driveaway Insurance is available to customers purchasing a new or used Suzuki from a Suzuki dealer and who are eligible for a quotation for Annual Insurance. Please refer to your insurance certificate for details on the duration of your Driveaway Insurance. See suzukicarinsurance.co.uk/coverdetails for differences between Driveaway Insurance and Annual Insurance. The offer of insurance is subject to eligibility and underwriting criteria. All cover is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, see the Policy Document.
*** Suzuki Excess Return Voucher Terms and Conditions
- The voucher is valid for one year from its start date and can only be used once. Only one voucher can be issued per vehicle.
- The voucher is not valid for standalone glass claims, misfuelling claims or Motability vehicles.
- The voucher only applies when the claim is reported to, accepted and managed by Suzuki Excess Return and the accident repair is carried out at a Suzuki Approved Bodyshop.
- Following an accident, regardless of who you are insured with, you must call Suzuki first on the dedicated 0800 107 1156 number. If you call any other Suzuki number or your insurer first, or without our instruction, the voucher will be void.
- Where we accept and complete the vehicle repair, we will pay up to the voucher value* as cash back towards any policy excess paid by you. You will be required to pay the repairer your applicable Motor Insurance Policy Excess. The repair cost must be settled by your insurer. Once the repair is completed and your insurer has settled the claim, we will refund you the voucher value* or the value of your excess whichever is the lower. You will need to provide proof that you have paid your excess in order to claim on the voucher. Nothing in this offer obliges us to accept any vehicle for repair. The voucher is not valid if your vehicle is deemed a total loss.
- Where we manage the vehicle repair, we will do so in conjunction with your motor insurer if the accident was your fault, or the other driver’s insurer if they were at-fault and if they have accepted liability.
- Accident recovery is provided for unroadworthy vehicles when you call Suzuki first and we handle your insurance claim on your behalf. If you cancel the recovery of your vehicle you will be liable for any cancellation charges incurred, or if your insurer rejects your claim you will be liable for any recovery costs incurred.
- A replacement car is provided subject to availability for accident repairs carried out by a Suzuki approved repairer when you call Suzuki first and we handle your insurance claim on your behalf. We will provide a repairer replacement car if the incident is your fault, or if the incident is not your fault, we will aim to provide a hire car of a similar size to your own vehicle. A replacement car is not available for standalone glass claims or if you are claiming on Suzuki Free Driveaway Insurance.
- In some instances where your insurer may not let us report the claim to them on your behalf, we will ask you to report to them advising that you are using our Suzuki Excess Return service with a Suzuki approved repairer.
- This offer may be withdrawn at any time.
- The voucher must be active before the incident occurs in order to be valid. The incident must take place between the validity dates shown on the voucher.
The Suzuki Excess Return Voucher is provided by Verex Assistance Ltd registered in England and Wales Company No.05687158, Batchworth House, Church Street, Rickmansworth, Herts WD3 1JE
*The voucher value as stated on your Excess Return Voucher.
Calls to 03 numbers are included as part of inclusive call minutes and discount schemes from all major mobile phone and landline operators or, where this has been exceeded, charged at the standard geographic rate (the same as UK landline numbers starting 01 or 02). Calls may be monitored or recorded for security and training purposes.
Suzuki Insurance is arranged and administered by Verex Insurance Services Ltd, which is registered in England and Wales No. 05686831 at Batchworth House, Church Street, Rickmansworth, Herts, WD3 1JE and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, No. 487185. Verex Insurance Services Ltd arranges policies from a panel of insurers, details are available on request. To understand how we may process your information read our Fair Use Notice.
When looking to insure your new car, you might have come across the term SMART insurance – this stands for Small Motor Accident Repair Technology. It’s an insurance policy designed to help keep your car in as good a condition as the day you bought it.
Glass, Alloy Wheels, Plastic, Damage reported after the first 30 days of incident occurring, Damage greater than the area of tolerance (30 cm), Four stage and above pearlescent paints, Matt finished paints, Carbon Fibre Body Panels, Split, cracked, torn or perforated bumper/panels, unpainted beadings and textured mouldings, any vehicle being used for commercial hire and reward.
12 month term = £299 RRP
24 month term = £349 RRP
36 month term = £429 RRP
No excess, no call out fees
This can vary due to the extent of repair however on average a stone chip repair will take 90 minutes and a bumper scuff repair on average will take 3 and a half hours.