We're proud of what we've achieved, and honoured to have received awards for our cars, our customer service and our brand. See below for our most recent accolades.
2022 'BEST BUY' AWARD
For the fourth year in a row, the Suzuki Ignis has won the WhatCar? Best Buy award.
In fact, the Ignis boasts two awards in this category:
- Best Small SUV for Value - Ignis 1.2 Dualjet Mild Hybrid SZ3 2020, 2021, 2022
- Best True MPG on Rural roads and Motorways – Ignis 1.2 Dualjet Mild Hybrid 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Adventurous but compact, the Suzuki Ignis has a lot to offer. Its mild hybrid technology means it's fuel efficient, and it's also packed with safety features.
Want to find out more about what makes the Suzuki Ignis such a special car?
Suzuki scored well across these dimensions, and for Ethics in particular. Also worthy of note is the Net Promoter Score (NPS) which ranks Suzuki in first position with a score of 48.3 against an Automotive sector average of 27.8. NPS is, in a nutshell, a calculation of the ratio of respondents that would likely recommend a brand to others.
Jo Causon, CEO of The Institute of Customer Service comments:
“In this challenging period for the automotive industry is it clear that some businesses have managed to maintain services and respond to changes in their customers’ circumstances and needs well. Suzuki’s continued strong showing in the UKCSI is encouraging and the organisations that best support their customers through these times – by reassuring, engaging and providing appropriate advice – will be best placed to thrive as we come out of this crisis.”
Commenting on the results, Nobuo Suyama, Managing Director of Suzuki GB PLC, said: “We are very proud of our achievement to have again been recognised as a highly ranked car brand in the Index particularly with 2020 having been such a challenging year. Continuing to evolve the Suzuki customer experience remains a core focus for us and the ongoing efforts of our staff and dealers has clearly paid off.”
He added: “Without the support of our nationwide dealer network, and the hundreds of people that work tirelessly for the brand to deliver exceptional standards for our customers we could not have delivered such a fantastic result. I would like to congratulate everyone who has played a part to achieve yet another strong score.”
MOST IMPROVED MANUFACTURER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Fighting off competition from three other brands, Suzuki received this award at the Fleet News Awards 2020 in London, continuing the strides we made in the fleet sector in 2019.
This resulted from the increased resource which has been put in place, in addition to the substantial investment and enhanced infrastructure that has been introduced to serve fleets and leasing companies. This has led to Suzuki’s fleet market share rising from 1.04% to 1.25%, whilst Contract Hire registrations have grown by 132% when compared to 2018.
Stephen Briers, editor of Fleet News, comments: “Suzuki has put in place a new fleet business programme over the past two years as part of a complete rethink in the corporate market. The restructure, which includes fleet specialists across its dealer network, shows serious intent, and has already resulted in impressive growth in the leasing sector”.
Graeme Jenkins, Head of Fleet at Suzuki GB PLC, said: “We are very proud to have received the Fleet News Most Improved Manufacturer of the Year award. This would not have been possible without the determination and hard work of the team, especially against a backdrop of challenging trading conditions.”
“We will certainly not be resting on our laurels, and will continue to drive forward with our long-term plan to maximise our penetration and presence in the sector, so that even more fleet operators and end-user drivers ultimately benefit from the compelling package that Suzuki has to offer.”
2019 resulted in some coveted awards and accolades. Of course, we were particularly thrilled to receive commendations that came from you, the customer. Thank you for all you helped us to achieve in 2019; we really couldn't be prouder.
- JD Power Highest Volume Car Brand Award
- What Car? Best Buy Award (£9,500 Segment in the City Car category) for the Celerio
- What Car? True MPG Award for the Ignis
- GQ Car Magazine Best Fun 4x4 Award for the Jimny
- TopGear Magazine Budget Apocalypse Survival Tool of the Year Award for the Jimny
- 4x4 Magazine Overall 4x4 Winner Award for the Jimny
- UK Car of the Year Awards: Best 4x4 Award for the Jimny
- Southern Group of Motoring Writers New Year Honours: Dark Horse of the Year Award for the Jimny
- Honest John City Car of the Year Award for the Ignis
- Honest John Real MPG Award for the Swift
- Honest John Small Crossover Award for the Vitara
- World Car Awards: Urban Car Award for the Jimny
- Autocar Game Changer Award for the Jimny
- Car Dealer Power Awards: Car of the Year Award for the Jimny
- Parkers Best Off-Roader Award for the Jimny
- CarGurus UK Best Used Car Award for the Vitara
- Green Fleet Best City Car Manufacturer Award
- #1 Automotive Brand for Customer Service (UKCSI)