SUZUKI PRIZE DRAW RULES – ITV Competition 1
Terms and Conditions
These Rules apply to this Suzuki Free Prize Draw (“Promotion”). By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees to these Rules and confirms they have read and understood the Suzuki Privacy Notice at: cars.suzuki.co.uk/privacy/. Attention is drawn to the limitations of liability in Rule 13.
- Promoter: Suzuki GB Plc (registered company number: 00768587) of Steinbeck Crescent, Snelshall West, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK4 4AE (“Promoter”).
- Administrators: (i) PromoVeritas Limited (company number: 04437132) of Monument House, 215 Marsh Road, Pinner HA5 5NE (“Draw Administrator”); and (ii) Element London Limited (company number: 07073848, ATOL number: 10207, ABTA number: Y2441) of 5 Morie Street, London SW18 1SL (“Prize Administrator”).
- Entry period: The Promotion opens for entry at 12:01 am (GMT) on Friday, 15 February 2019 and closes at 11:59 pm (GMT) on Monday, 18 February 2019 (“Entry Period”).
- Eligibility: Only open to legal residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) aged 18 or over at the time of entry. Not eligible: The following persons are not eligible to enter the Promotion: (i) any employee or other individual engaged by the Promoter, the Draw Administrator, the Prize Administrator or any of their associated companies; (ii) members of the immediate family and/or household (whether related or not) of any of those individuals; and (iii) anyone else professionally involved with the operation or administration of the Promotion. No purchase is necessary to enter. Internet access and a Twitter account are required to enter. A limit of one (1) entry per person applies and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found to have used multiple Twitter accounts to enter.
- How to enter: Entrants must visit the Promoter’s Twitter page (accessible at @SuzukiCarsUK or https://twitter.com/SuzukiCarsUK) during the Entry Period and comment using a GIF, selected from the Twitter GIF library, that best describes how they would react to winning the Promotion. Comments must not include additional typed text or any GIFs, images or videos from any other source. For instructions on how to select a GIF from the Twitter GIF library, see the following guidance: https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/tweeting-gifs-and-pictures
- Prizes: There are five (5) prizes to be won in the Promotion (each a “Prize”). Each Prize consists of the following for the winner and one (1) guest aged 18 years or over:
a. A pair of tickets to attend , as a member of the audience, the recording of an ITV television show at Elstree Studios, Shenley Road, Borehamwood, Herts WD6 1JG (“Elstree Studios”) on the evening of Saturday, 2 March 2019 (“Event”)
b. Accommodation on the night of the Event at a four star hotel close to Elstree Studios, based on two (2) adults sharing a standard double/twin room, including breakfast on departure date.
Food in the hotel restaurant on the day of the Event, to include meals, beverages, applicable taxes and service charges up to a total value of £75 per person.
c. Standard-class return train travel from a mainland station near the winner’s home to a London terminal, travelling on the day of the Event and returning the next day (“Travel Dates”).
d. Return private transfers between the London train terminal and the hotel and between the hotel and Elstree Studios.
- Prize conditions: The following conditions apply to the redemption of the Prize:
a. The Prize excludes all costs and expenses incurred by the winner and guest that are not expressly set out in Rule 6, including: (i) travel between the home(s) of the winner and guest to the UK mainland train station of departure; (ii) any additional food and beverages; (iii) any tips, room service, minibar, treatments and other costs and expenses at the hotel above the £75 allowance per person; (iv) any travel and medical insurance and any other required travel documents; (v) any other discretionary spending during the trip; and (vi) any related taxes.
b. The choice of television show, hotel and transportation shall be at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
c. The winner is responsible for ensuring that the winner and guest (who should also be aged 18 or over) are able to travel on the Travel Dates. No alternative dates are available. The winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. All elements of the Prize must be used in the same itinerary.
d. The winner or guest must provide a valid major credit card or other acceptable form of payment requested by the hotel for the purpose of pre-authorising any discretionary charges incurred during the stay.
e. The winner and guest must comply fully with all applicable laws and with the terms and conditions (including health and safety requirements) of all ticket providers, transport providers, ITV , the studio, hotels and other venues applicable to the Prize.
f. The Promoter will have no liability to the winner or guest if the winner and/or guest are unable to receive the full benefit of the Prize or are denied entry to, or are asked to leave, the relevant venue or transport as a result of a failure to abide by such terms or any applicable law or as a result of inappropriate behaviour.
g. The Prize, and each element of the Prize, is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is available. The winner is not entitled to receive any unused portion or element of the Prize. If the Promoter considers it appropriate, or if it becomes necessary for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Prize (or any element of the Prize) may be varied or swapped for a suitable alternative in the Promoter’s discretion.
- Winner selection: All eligible entries will be entered into a random draw administered by the Draw Administrator. The five (5) winners will be randomly selected on Tuesday, 19 February 2019.
- Winner notification: Winners will be notified through Twitter by direct message on or within 2 working days of Wednesday, 20 February 2019. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner, but it is each winner’s responsibility to monitor their Twitter account for receipt of the notification.
- Claiming the Prize: The winner must accept the Prize by confirming their eligibility and acceptance within 48 hours of the initial notification being sent. The Prize is time-sensitive, requiring travel on specific dates, and therefore failure to claim the Prize by the deadline may result in the Prize being forfeited and the selection of an alternative winner. Alternative winners will be selected and notified as set out above and must claim the Prize within 48 hours of receipt of the notification. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to require such proof of eligibility (including age and place of residence) to claim the Prize as the Promoter reasonably considers necessary.
- Travel arrangements: The winner will be contacted by the Prize Administrator to arrange travel and accommodation within three (3) days of the date the Prize is claimed. The winner is responsible for informing the Prize Administrator of any applicable access or dietary requirements at that time.
- Publicity: By entering this Promotion, each entrant agrees that in the event of a win, the entrant will take part in reasonable publicity connected with the Promotion (if requested) and that the Promoter is entitled (but not obliged) to use the winner’s name and image in connection with such publicity.
- Liability: To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter, the Draw Administrator and the Prize Administrator exclude all liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising from the Promotion and each entrant’s participation in it and/or use of the Prize. However, nothing in these Rules limits or excludes any person’s liability for: (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence; (ii) fraud; or (iii) any matter for which it would be illegal to limit or exclude liability.
- No endorsement: This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with ITV or Twitter Access to Twitter is at all times subject to the rules, terms and policies of Twitter, Inc., which are available at https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies#general-policies. All third party trade marks and other intellectual property rights are hereby acknowledged.
- Interference with the Promotion: Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the content or legitimate operation of this Promotion is prohibited and may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws and in these circumstances the Promoter reserves all its rights and remedies.
- Cancellation and variation: The Promoter reserves the right to vary, suspend or cancel the Promotion and/or these Rules if it considers it necessary or appropriate to do so, including if there is any actual or anticipated breach of applicable law or if variation, suspension or cancellation is necessary due to an event outside the Promoter’s reasonable control. In the event of cancellation, the Prizes may be awarded to winners drawn from entries received prior to cancellation.
- Disqualification: Without limiting the options available to the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right at any time to disqualify entries or entrants (including the winners and/or their guests) that the Promoter regards as being in breach of these Rules or any applicable laws or terms and conditions referred to in Rule e and/or Rule 14 above or the spirit of the Promotion.
- Disclosure of winner’s details: By entering this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges that if they win, their name and county of residence may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Enquirers must submit a request by post to Partnerships Manager, Suzuki GB PLC, Steinbeck Crescent, Snelshall West, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK4 4AE by 15 March 2019. Details will only be disclosed (if permitted by law) after all Prizes have been validly claimed.
- Personal data: Any personal data of entrants processed in connection with this Promotion will be processed in accordance with the Promoter’s privacy notice: https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/privacy/.
- Accessing these Rules: Any website on which these Rules are posted is only intended to be accessed from Great Britain and where permitted by law. The Promoter makes no representation that materials relating to this Promotion are appropriate or available for use at other locations. Access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited.
- Severance and waiver: If any part of these Rules is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the rest of these Rules will not be affected. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Disputes: Subject to Rule 23, if there is a dispute about the Promotion or these Rules, the Promoter’s decisions are final. If there is a dispute between these Rules and any other document referred to in these Rules, these Rules take precedence to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
- Law and jurisdiction: The Promotion and these Rules are governed by English law, and any disputes arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, except that residents of Scotland may also bring proceedings in the Scottish courts.
- Contact: Enquiries about this Promotion can be sent to the Promoter at: CustomerServices@suzuki.co.uk.