Marketing Communications Specialist
ATV & Marine
Manage and evaluate all aspects of marketing and communications for SGB’s ATV and Marine divisions, develop and implement a marketing plan that delivers both short and long term commercial objectives, managing the day to day relationships and workload with the agencies and deliver Suzuki brand, product and service messages to generate awareness, sales leads and correct product positioning among the relevant target audiences.
The role is based at SGB’s Milton Keynes head office although you will be required to visit dealers and suppliers throughout the UK when necessary.
- Work with the Head of Marketing, the SGB ATV and Marine management team and other internal and external stakeholders and, from that input, create, develop and implement an annual fully integrated marketing and communications plan.
- Manage the production of all marketing and promotional materials to support ATV and Marine, including print collateral, online and digital communications, advertising, POS, CRM and customer journey materials, exhibitions and outdoor events.
- Create, plan and implement all marketing campaigns and sales promotions.
- Organise key national events and conferences, ensuring the creation and implementation of event strategy, managing relevant agency partners, ensuring the delivery of pre-event promotion to drive awareness and footfall, associated prize and data capture mechanisms with post-event evaluation and reporting.
- Organise the purchase of appropriate event materials as well as on-site management of national events and conferences including liaison with suppliers, agencies and business partners.
- Develop and implement marketing programmes that deliver meaningful lead generation and regularly assess and evaluate leads against activity and the methods of data capture.
- Manage and maintain accurate budgetary controls with regards to the marketing of ATV and Marine products and bolt-on accessories including reconciling, reporting and monitoring for full expenditure, with the inclusion of raising purchase orders and issuing to suppliers in line with projected business budgets
- Manage the PR relationship with UK ATV and Marine media and associated agency management.
- Develop and manage the full range of digital marketing tools including (but not limited to) website, search, online advertising, PPC, remarketing and social media within the overall marketing communications to support the brand, products and services.
- Manage the Suzuki website ATV and Marine content and development.
- Manage and maintain CRM programmes including customer data insights, data cleansing and customer profiling, with tailoring and review of marketing communications and customer journey communications.
- Assist in the development and activation of plans and programmes to leverage relevant motorsport and other brand / product sponsorships and partnerships for the benefit of ATV and Marine and implement those plans with associated budgetary control and evaluation against KPIs.
- Assist the Head of Marketing with regard s to brand and data consistency, liaising with the relevant agencies to ensure prospective and current customers receive consistent marketing promotions including fulfilment letters and welcome packs.
- Brief and monitor planned divisional activities, including the coordination of campaign materials, liaising feedback between Head of Marketing, Product Planners and relevant agencies.
- Develop clear objectives, monitoring and measurement criteria and tools for all marketing and communications activity to ensure robust review, evaluation and RoI.
- Assist the Head of Marketing in the creation of legal documents and contracts in respect of corporate business partners and alliances.
- Assist the Head of Marketing with creating and drafting official SGB tender documents in line with specific events and programmes planned.
- Build and maintain professional and positive relationships with suppliers, agencies, the dealer network and other third parties.
- Work with the Channel Marketing Manager to support the dealer network programmes regarding marketing support and identify news opportunities to maximise for national awareness.
- Ensure terms of company insurance and other regulatory and legal matters are adhered to with the ATV and Marine event programme, updating SGB insurance provider with fleet information when required.
- Maintain an understanding of the interactive/digital world, marketing and brand trends and best practice, to ensure SGB is at the forefront of new strategies and developing innovative ideas to drive the business forward.
- Provide administration and support to the Head of Marketing and wider marketing team when required.
- Ensure all marketing systems are maintained, carry up to date and relevant information and where necessary, developed to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Reporting – both within SGB and to SMC on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual intervals
The Company operates in a dynamic and changing environment where there is a need for flexibility. The list of responsibilities above is therefore not exhaustive and it is possible that elements of your job will change from time to time.
• 5+ years’ experience in broad and integrated marketing and communications.
• Well-rounded knowledge and experience of a full mix of marketing and how it drives and supports sales success.
• Solid understanding and experience of crucial business functions.
• Event management experience.
• Budget management experience.
• Commercial acumen with knowledge and experience of crucial business functions.
• Degree level education in a relevant discipline and/or marketing qualification.
• Experience of a similar role within the automotive, motorcycle, ATV, Marine or similar industries.
• Understanding of GDPR compliance.
• ATV official EASI trained and Marine licence.
• Enthusiastic and motivated with a passion for engine powered products.
• Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage effectively with individuals and teams at all levels.
• Strong analytical aptitude and skills.
• Willingness to undertake work outside normal office hours and periodically travel throughout the UK as may be required.
• A collaborative ethos, with the ability to develop fresh ideas.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, to relate effectively with individuals at all different levels.
• Flexible in approach, with the ability to reprioritise and multi-task when required.
• Excellent organisation and time-management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities.
• High degree of self-motivation, productivity and acute attention to detail.
• Demonstrates a can-do attitude with the initiative, drive and resilience to see tasks through to completion.Excellent communication skills, with the confidence and ability to chase debts, applying pressure when required
To register your interest, please send your CV plus a covering letter, including your salary expectations to email@example.com.